SJ Options Trading is an options education and options analytical software development company headquartered in San Jose, CA. Founded in 2006 by Morris Puma, San Jose Options became the very first public options course that taught courses for portfolio margin traders and Second Order Greeks. They are known as the innovators in the options trading industry with numerous patents pending for their inventions.
San Jose Options is an intermediate to advanced course. They do provide basic options education; however, they recommend that you come in with a solid understanding of basic options.
San Jose Options has introduced many breakthrough strategies to options traders. One is the Revolver Adjustment System. This trading system was developed to make spread adjustments simple while minimizing draw-down with each adjustment. Another is the BRIC™ option trading strategy. The BRIC™ acts as both negative and positive Vega at the same time. The trade was developed to better manage volatility changes on an underlying asset. For these two reasons and many others, San Jose Options is a course that is suitable for risk-averse option traders.
Other notable highlights:
- SJ Options invented a new Vega Model in 2009 that addresses many of the limitations in the Black Scholes formula. This is well-known in the industry as the Vega Multiplier System™ and Horizontal Skew Modeling.
- Developed the SJ Troo™ trading platform which has reinvented option trading in all of its phases.
- Created a patent-pending back-testing module that is possibly the world’s fastest.
- Invented a revolutionary option chain in 2012.
- Designed the first options probability model based on real behavioral patterns instead of using the traditional bell curve.
- They never stop innovating.
- The course is always up to date. They add new videos to their options course every week and follow along with trades which makes it easier for students to learn how to manage options positions.
A sample class on the BRIC™: